For participants, DRIVES provides a neutral laboratory to incubate pilots, analyze the value chain for innovative business models, and understand the benefits, costs, and feasibility of multiparty applications. It leverages MOBI’s standards, Web3 infrastructure, and network of peers to reduce the cost of onboarding participants, share resources, and lower risks.
MOBI launched the DRIVES Program in early 2021 to ideate, incubate, and demonstrate multi-party use cases and accelerate the implementation of MOBI standards. The roadmap after a standard’s release is as follows:
- Use case selection by working group (WG) members
- Proof of value discussions by the WG
- Minimum value ecosystem (MVE): demonstration of key primitives for use cases and Integrated Trust Network (ITN) core services
- Pilots and prototypes: broaden the MVE for the WG to perform pilots
- Enterprise-scale commercial applications: MOBI’s role is to provide core shared services via the ITN. Members build individual applications
The What and Why of DRIVES
DRIVES is a structured agile development environment to:
- Test the MOBI Technology Stack and allow for community collaboration
- Demonstrate the Trusted Trip as a key primitive for smart mobility use cases and supply chain use cases. The Trusted Trip is a trip completed or in progress by a roaming entity (e.g. vehicle or smartphone), the attributes of which are validated by authorized entities in the co-op network
- Provide a testnet for connected mobility providers to collaborate and scale multiparty use cases for Web3 business automation
- Enable new business models, monetization, and incentive mechanisms for smart and low-carbon mobility
DRIVES Program in the MTS
The DRIVES Program plays a crucial role in incubating and demonstrating the MOBI Technology Stack. DRIVES also opens up monetization opportunities for MOBI members. The immediate use cases of interest include battery state of health (SOH), usage-based fees, and incentives and rewards.
DRIVES members are also considering several supply chain use cases including parts traceability, emissions tracking, and parts end-of-life. The Finance, Securitization, and Smart Contracts Working Group is currently working on a Dealer Floorplan Audit pilot.
How to Get Involved in the DRIVES Program
Interested in learning more about the DRIVES Program and how your organization can get involved? Fill out our Membership Inquiry Form and contact MOBI Fellow Betul Kahya for details! Participation in DRIVES is open to all MOBI members.