This lecture took place on 3 November 2021.
Watch the lecture to learn more about:
- How IoTeX blockchain technology enables everyday people to own their devices and data
- Pebble Tracker and how it can be used to apply signed verifiable real-time data to smart contracts
- Ucam, IoTeX’s blockchain-powered private home camera
- How IoTeX’s TruStream Oracle connects IoT devices to the chain via verified proofs
- Decentralized MachineFi applications
- How Pebble Tracker can be used with MOBI Trusted Trip as a verifiable credential (VC) issuer to attest to accurate mobility data in real-time
About the Speakers:
Xinxin Fan, Ph.D. is the Head of Cryptography at IoTeX, a Silicon Valley-based technology platform that is applying blockchain to secure and evolve the Internet of Things (IoT). He is responsible for directing the company’s strategy and product roadmaps as well as developing the core technologies and IP portfolio. Before joining IoTeX, he was a senior research engineer of the Security and Privacy Group at Bosch Research Technology Center North America. Dr. Xinxin Fan received his Ph.D. in Electrical and Computer Engineering from the University of Waterloo in 2010. He has published 50+ referred research papers in top-tired journals, conferences, and workshops in the areas of cryptography and information security and is an inventor of 15 patent filings for innovative information security and privacy-enhancing technologies. He is also a Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) from (ISC)² and a (co-)chair of IEEE P2418.1 and IEEE P2958 standards working groups.
Larry Pang is the Head of Business Development at IoTeX, a Silicon Valley-based technology platform that is applying blockchain to secure and evolve the Internet of Things (IoT). Larry graduated from MIT in 2013 and began his professional career at Oliver Wyman, a global management consulting firm, where he led 15+ large-scale digital transformation projects for Fortune 500 clients. In 2018, Larry joined IoTeX and currently leads the company’s business development and ecosystem growth initiatives.